Getting your NBI clearance before is never an easy task, but National Bureau of Investigation is finding ways to make the process more efficient and save the time of the Filipino people.
This 2018 another changes has been made like making NBI clearances a multi-purpose making it useful in any purposes you might need it. Also online appointment is now needed for you to be accepted in any NBI offices, Thus making this complete tutorial on how to get your NBI clearance for new or renewing applicants.
There are 2 options to get your NBI clearance that will be explain below.
Option 1: To get you NBI clearance and make the process easier was the implementation of the mandatory online application.
Before, an applicant has to go through six processes; Filling-up the Form, Data Check, Payment, Date Encoding, Photo and bio-metrics enrollment and Clearance printing.
This has been currently reduced to three steps which are:
***Online Registration and Payment,
***Photo and Biometrics Enrollment and
- To register, the applicant should visit the www.nbi-clearance.com. An online form should be filled up by first time users. One should fill up the basic data form at the rightmost section of the screen, agree to the terms and conditions and click Sign Up.
- After the required data is complete, the screen will show the NBI Data Page with all the information that the applicant encoded. He/she could either proceed to APPLY FOR CLEARANCE or EDIT INFORMATION if there are some corrections.
- The site will ask for the application type (“New or Renew”) and ID presented. The valid ID’s are presented on the list. The applicant should choose which ID he/she would bring to the NBI office selected.
- The application purpose (“Local or Abroad) and purpose detail (local job application, visa application etc.) should also be specified. (Starting October 2, 2017, National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance can now be used for any transactions that require it both local and abroad. The multi-purpose clearance will still be valid for one year with a fee of Php115 per copy.)
- Finally, the online application form could now be printed, paid and presented to the selected NBI branch at the scheduled date and time.
Appointment Schedule and Payment
Here are the screenshot that you can see in the NBI clearance appointment page.
Just select the place and satellite offices that is nearest to you and select time, date of your appointment and payment option that you will use.
Payment options when paying for your NBI clearance.
Starting March 12, 2018 as advised by the Department of Justice (DOJ), applicants will have to pay Php15 more for their clearances. The hike will make the fee jump from Php130 to Php115.
1. Bank Over the Counter
2. Online Banking
3. Mobile Payment (Gcash)
4. Bayad Centers
- Cebuana Lhullier
- SM Savemore
- USSC/ Western Unions
- Express Pay Inc.RD Pawnshop
- H Lhuillier Pawnshop
- Auto Top-Up Ventures Inc.
- Viaexpress Inc.
- Petron Corporation
- San Mig Food Avenue
- Global Access Financial Services
- Shopwise Wellcome
- Metro Gainsano
- Prince Warehouse Club, Inc.
- NCCC – LTS Supermarkets
- Eneterprise Bank Inc.
- Magic Appliance Center, Inc.
Option 2 for getting your NBI Clearance is to bring your expired NBI clearance and your valid IDs.
If your inspired NBI clearance was issued in 2014 to present, there is no need for an online appointment unless there are changes in your personal data. You can pay for your clearance at the cashier on site.
List of NBI clearance satellite offices that you can choose:
- NBI Clearance Center – U.N Avenue, Ermita. Manila
- Quezon City Hall – Makatarungan St, Diliman, QC
- Montalban Rizal – Ground Flr., Municipal Hall
- Muntinlupa City – Victory Shopping Center, Alabang
- Mandaluyong City Hall – Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City
- Las Pinas City – Las Pinas City Hall or SM Center Las Pinas (near and infront of Las Pinas City Hall)
- Robinson’s Place – Basement 1 Ermita, Manila
- Robinson’s Otis – Level 2 Guanzon St., Paco, Manila
- Robinson’s Galleria – Basement 1 Ortigas Ave., QC
- Robinson’s Metro East – Level4 Marcos Hi-way Pasig
- Robinson’s Cainta – Level 2 Junction Cainta, Rizal
- Robinson’s Novaliches,- Novaliches, QC
- Ever Gotesco Recto – 3″‘ Flr Cinema 3 Recto Ave., Manila
- Duty Free Fiesta Mall – Ninoy Aquino Ave., Paranaque City
- Empire Mall – Edsa, Pasay City
- Marilao Municipal Hall – Beside PNP Station, Marilao, Bulacan
- Lipa City Hall – Lipa City, Batangas
- Robinson’s Dasmarinas – Dasmarinas, Cavite
- Ormoc Gaisano – Gaisano Capital Mall
Both Regional and District Offices serve the public at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Meanwhile, some satellite offices in malls close as late as 7:00 PM.
Dress code in getting your NBI clearance
After you have successfully registered online, set your appointment and paid for your clearance, you are set for the next steps in obtaining your NBI Clearance: the biometrics and printing.
To fulfill the final steps, you would have to visit the NBI office where you have set your appointment. But before heading there, be informed that NBI, just like any other government office, observes proper dress code. Although some branches or satellite offices maybe more lenient than the others, it is still much better to come in proper attire rather than regret being denied entry.
When visiting government offices, the general rule would be to wear smart casual attire. You don’t need to be in a business suit or super formal clothes. You just need to look neat and casual.
What you CAN Wear:
• T-shirts (Refrain from wearing obscene statement shirts)
• Polo shirts
• Closed shoes (avoid wearing slippers or flip-flops)
• Sleeved shirts/blouses
• Pants/ slacks
• Dresses not shorter than an inch above the knees
• Skirts not shorter than an inch above the knees.
What You Should NOT Wear:
• Tank Tops
• Shorts or jersey
• Anything too revealing
Since your photo will be taken for identification purposes, you will be asked to remove earrings, necklace, piercings etc. during the picture-taking. Better arrive without wearing them as to avoid wasting time to take them off. Eye glasses and contact lenses should also not be worn during picture-taking so opt to skip the lenses and settle for your specs instead.
Regulations on what or what is not allowed in some offices maybe different because some maybe more strict than others. Just to be sure, it is better to follow the suggestions above or better yet, contact the NBI office beforehand to inquire.
Accepted Identification Cards when applying for an NBI Clearance:
- Valid passport
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- SSS ID
- GSIS UMID
- Postal ID
- School ID
- TIN ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Alien Cert of Registration
- Senior Citizen ID
- Previous Copy of NBI Clearance
NBI Personnel would check the validity and acceptability of your presented ID. Here are the guidelines on the validity of your ID.
- Must be government-issued
- Must be the original – photocopies are not accepted
- Must be valid and current – check the expiration/validity of your ID carefully. If your ID has not yet expired during your online application, but did during your appointment date, it would still be considered as invalid.
- Must bear the applicant’s full name
- Must bear a recent and recognizable picture
- Must not be tampered with and is in good condition, with legible text and visible photograph
What is a “HIT” status on your NBI clearance?
Getting a HIT on your status means that you have a pending criminal case filed in any of the Philippine Courts. If this is not the case, it could be that someone who has the same name as yours is on the same situation.
If you found out that you got a hit while applying for your clearance, you would have to wait a week or more for verification. Show up on your rescheduled appointment in proper attire. If you do have a criminal case, but has already been finalized with a decision, bring the original and photocopy of the document/s.
A Quality Control Interview shall be conducted. An NBI personnel shall ask you some questions, and once you’re done, you will be given an Affidavit of Denial.
After filling up the Affidavit of Denial, you should proceed to the Resident Lawyer, and then take an oath while raising your right hand. You will then be interviewed before having your Affidavit of Denial notarized.
Once cleared, you will be given the releasing time of your NBI clearance. Proceed to the Printing and Releasing Area to get your NBI clearance on your scheduled return.
In case you forgot or lost your reference number/ application form?
Here’s how to retrieve your reference number and reprint your application form.
- Just login to your online NBI account
- click on ‘Transactions’ at the left side bar.
- You will see the list of the transactions you had, the reference number, payment and appointment date.
- To print your Application Form, click ‘Details’ on the right side of your desired transaction. It would show the status of your application, and on the lower right you will see ‘Print Application Form.’ Simply click to view your application form.
- You can now print a copy of your application form.